Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Tuesday with Tyler and Abby leaving on Wednesday

Hi,

It was Tyler and Abby's last full day in Wellington yesterday (Tuesday).  We got home a little late from work and I cooked tea.  Basil pesto pasta - turns out it is Tyler's favourite.  Well, we all like it.  Although I could only find macaroni elbows as the pasta shape.

As we ate tea, we talked about the holiday a bit.  And as a summary of her experience, this is what Abby declared when we discussed the Gilbert household:

Every day is an adventure.

Hahahah.  I think she meant it kindly.  I know their house is a busy one, but she seems to think we're slightly disorganised or something.  Mike and I prefer to think of it as honing a flexible outlook and rolling with it.

They enjoyed the ferry trip and the camping, so I've added pics of that.

New glasses for Christmas

Iconic view of Wellington

At Ngakuta Bay

Picton


Ngakuta Bay fun - we jumped off that jetty

Posing for me

Kaitoke river fire

Perfect "scrotemallow"

Brekkie

Rivendell

The view from Sarah and Hamish's house. Worth the steps!

Swingbridge at Kaitoke
Nothing but net

Take a shot




We've dropped them at the airport after getting up at 3.40am.  Ohhh - early.  Mike and I stayed until 6am and then Mike dropped me at work.  Super early.  I will try and leave a bit early.  And get to bed at a decent time tonight.

Have a brilliant day.  I will be sad when I get home and the house is a lot less full of people.  Because I loved having Tyler and Abby here.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment