Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The weekend with a long one for Wellington anniversary

Hi,

My weekend seemed to disappear fast, despite it being one day longer than usual.  How does that happen?

Today was stunning and worthy of a photo.  It is also Celia's birthday today.  Pretty glad she popped onto this planet to coincide with my life at some not-too-distant-point in the past.

I was thinking about my life in the summer of 1981.  We'd just moved to Aus at the end of 1980, so it was the height of our first summer there.  Tennis on the TV.  40C temps that made our butter melt.  Thrips (I hate thrips).  Big Ms.  Mmmmm.  That was the start of my iced coffee love, right there.  Big M - cold coffee-flavoured milk.  Where had you been all my life till then?  Why did I ever experiment with hot coffee later in life?

Live and learn.

And...  now I know Celia.  And she may be partial to iced coffees too.  1981.  A gold year!


Stunning Tuesday morning sunrise
 The cats had a good weekend, chilling out.  They seem to get along for the most part.  Smudge still has a pre-emptive growl that seems to work wonders on Moxley.


Uneasy alliance - cos it involves sleep!

Garden work


Mike went mad on decluttering and garden work.  Yay for Mike!

Eco piling!

 We caught up with Sally Saturday morning ish for a haloumi sandwich at Zany Zeus.  We were out and about, sorting stuff out.


Smudge is a model cat

Moxley made a nest out of our freshly dried sheets!

Saturday saw us going to Ellie's house for a BBQ and enjoying her friends company and the view from her flat.  Wow!

Sunset over Kelburn

Afternoon over Kelburn


Toby got brunch at one point.  I think he likes my poached eggs.

I made Toby brunch

Iced latte @ Machete on Friday

Sally and Andrew came around yesterday for a BBQ lunch.  That went well.  And Mike worked like mad after that in the garden and generally around the house.

It is finally starting to look better.  Once the builders (different ones) come in and finish off, we should be able to have a clean out in the garage and then it'll all have a place.

Yay!


Hope your week is a good one.  Short one for us.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment