Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The Tuesday with dragon boat training

Hi,

All I can say is Andrew is getting very casual with his pics of my iced latte and my quality control of the pics has gone out the window.

What am I doing?

Sleeping!  Obviously.
I did not have a lot of photo options to choose a carefully posed and composed photo.  Two pics, both showing me looking like a dork.  But hey - the iced latte is the main thing and that looks superb in both photos!  Hahahahah!

After work was dragon boat training and a pretty good session.  Lumpy seas meant it was a bit tricky.  But we did well enough.

The drama came after the training session was done.  We all met in the car park (where the underground market is held - to be closed March 14 due to earthquake risk) to debrief.  Rex (who isn't paddling this year) borrowed Danii's eBike to try it out.  I was waiting on Sreejith as he wanted to fill his water bottle for the drive home.  The salty water dries you out.

I turned around and noticed Rex on the ground with Jo and Anton beside him.  Weird.  Wandered over and Jo said he had fainted.  But he was coming around and got up again to talk to us.  He chatted to me and I reached out to brush the dirt off his head and he fainted into me as he leaned down to let me touch his head.

OMG.  Anton calmly rang for an ambulance.  Good on him!  Jo and Aaron cushioned Rex's head and when he came around he said he was fine.  But given two faints in a row, we convinced him to stay put.

The ambulance staff arrived nice and fast - good on them.  Sreejith and I took that chance to escape in case Rex had to divulge his medical details and didn't need a cast of thousands learning about it.  Hahahah.

Turns out Rex has wrenched his ankle falling off Danii's bike and his body was compensating for the pain by slamming him to the ground.

Stupid bodies! 

So he's fine - but has a really bad ankle sprain.  Staying off it for a few days and then hopefully he will be right as rain.

But - wow!  Excitement plus - and the sort you can do without.  It's not fun seeing people you care about hurt like that.

Sreejith took me home and I cooked tea for Toby.  He is doing a play where his character loves spaghetti Bolognese so he asked for that to eat.  Hahahah.  He got it.  Because I love him lots.

Did make for a late night as I had to wash all my wet, salt-encrusted dragon boat gear for another session Wednesday night.

Into bed and I think I woke up when Mike got home.  He was out with Josh, solving all the problems of the world.  Hahah.

Up early to go to group PT at Frank Kitts park.  Mike continued onto the airport with an Uber for his day trip to AKL for work.

Fun times!  Oosshh!

Have a great day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment