Friday, April 16, 2021

The Thursday with a brewery night

 Hi,

What a crazy day - after working from home all day (hence no iced latte pics) I rushed down into town to collect Andrew and Mike and head to the Occasional Brewer.

Andrew nearly caused chaos at his work by leaving before 5pm for the first time in living memory.  I think some of his colleagues were convinced there was an imminent disaster.  But no - just commitments to a brewing night.

Not sure why I was invited - but I enjoyed the process.  And Matt and Ian (old workmates) were there bottling their previous brew batch.  Good to catch up with them too.



The kit at Occasional Brewer

Mike and Richard point out where our stash is stored

The lads at work

So not a pic of me!

Is this right?

I liked the chap that guided us (Richard) - he was very chill.  But the instructions are good and Mike and Andrew have already done this many times before.  Tonight we made Turbo APA.  Yeah - I dunno either.  But my big tip is this:  sure - try the grain mash.  Tastes fine.  No - never taste the hop stew mass left behind at the end of the night.  

I dipped my finger into the soupy mash leftover - barely had anything at all on my finger.  And the hoppy bitter taste that I detest in beer stayed in my mouth for the entire rest of the night.

We finished up and left Elly, Tom, Freya and Becky to finish up their work.  They both had slow pumps that meant the final process was a bit slower than usual.

We drove Andrew home and Mike and I were back home and in bed before too long.  Slept well.  Up to a gorgeous view - sunny but cool.  

Friday night burgers with some friends.  Boot camp tomorrow.  Mike is off to survivor night and I have the house to myself - with cats.

Enjoy your Friday and the weekend.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment