Thursday, April 29, 2021

The Wednesday with spontaneous decision making

 Hi,

My day yesterday was weird.  Seriously.  And I think it has seeped into my Thursday too.  Can I blame the short working week?  Discombobulating for everyone.  Let's make it a rule to always have 3 day weekends so we can all get used to a working week with 4 days in it.

Anyway.  Discovered I can online order Tank salads and say when I want to collect them.  Boom!  Life hack right there.  So I ordered for me and Mike and Barb jumped on that wagon too and ordered hers.  Then, at our leisure, we wandered over, collected them and walked back.  No queueing.  All good.

After work I decided to head to Spin.  I stupidly chose the 30 min Spin by accident.  See?  Weirdness #1.  I was very surprised when the instructor said:  Welcome to R30.

Oh.

60 min class started at 6pm.  Like normal.  Actually - through the week it varies.  On Tuesdays there is a 60 min class at 5.30pm.  And, I guess I thought it was Tuesday.

Anyway.  Finished up.  Decided to walk home.  Lovely, but cold, evening.  Spoke to Andrew briefly and kept walking up the hill.  Got a notification for a PT session for 6.45am.  Weird.  Did Quentin switch my 7am to 6.45?  Because I often ask if I can do that when he is free at 6.30am.  Wait.  It says 6.45pm.

What?

Oh.  Yeah - I did make a random evening session a while back to accommodate my Blenheim trip.  Pants.  Checked.  Yep.  In 10 mins I had a session in the gym with Quentin.  While I was about 17 minutes from home.  And 17 minutes from the gym.  Like:  smack in the middle.

Pinged him.  Apologised.  He laughed because in the morning Mike had stood him up.

#2 weirdness.

Anyway, the moonrise was spectacular.

Moonrise on my walk home

Got home and found the door unlocked.  Huh?  Oh - Mike was home.  #3 weirdness.

We stuffed tea down and then jumped in the car to collect Sally and Andrew from work and head to their place to collect the empty beer bottles for the bottling on Thurs night.

They decided to have takeaways. #4 weirdness. And Mike had his third dinner for the evening to celebrate "National takeaways day". I reckon this is possibly #5 weirdness.  This day a year back we moved to level 3 and could order takeaways for the first time in weeks.

It's a thing in his book.
National takeaways day

Several people were too shy to have their faces captured eating takeaways on "National takeaways day".  They shall remain nameless.

So, we packed the car with crates from the nameless/faceless ones and headed home.  Stuck Mike's crates in when we got home and I fell into bed.

Up early to drive in - with bottles tinkling the entire time.  Mike dropped me off at the gym for boxing and went to work to pick up our TV from there.

After boxing, I drove home - with a lot of tinkling.

Cats unite against the interloper

Manic supermarket iced latte selfie


Working from home today.  Busy day with back to back meetings.  Then driving in to (maybe) collect Andrew and Mike and head to bottling.

Yep.  Madness.  Or weirdness.  One or both.


Have an awesome day.  It is gorgeousness in Wellington.

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment