Wednesday, June 23, 2021

The Tuesday with a surprise dinner for Mike by Janine

 Hi,

Tuesday was great because Janine had organised a surprise dinner for Mike with some of his mates and Sally too - and it went off without a hitch and Mike was so happy.

Work iced latte

John!  What are you posting on FB?  Hahahah

Surprise dinner @ Huxley for Mike - thank you Janine


This is despite work getting in the mix and nearly scuppering Janine's best laid plans.  Mike had a lot of work to do before he left.  I was going to Spin, but realised Janine expected me for dinner at Huxley.  So I changed my plan and Mike still changed into running gear to join Janine for the end of her long run and a small run for his first one for a while.

I made it to Huxley just before they got there.  Anna and Daniel were already there and Sally arrived just after Mike and Janine.

Andrew was oddly too busy to attend.  Aha.  Now we know why.  But, at the time, we were clueless.  Just normal busy times for him.  We thought.

Anyway - Huxley is great.  Chelsea our wait person was superb.  We ate pizzas and some sort of hot dog style dessert.  All very tasty.  Thank you, Janine.

Went home very happy.  And full.

Wednesday morning in the capital

Woke up to hear the news of a covid positive person visiting Wellington from Sydney over the weekend just gone.  Waiting to hear of the places of interest.  Might be the last time I am in the office for a bit if it all turns to worms.

Let's see, eh?  Got my haircut today.  Typical.  The last time I had an appointment for a haircut I had to cancel and we went into level 4 lockdown that day.  I sense  bit of deja vu.

Right.  Have an awesome day.  Stay safe.  Mask up.  Stay home if you're sick.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment