Tuesday, June 8, 2021

the weekend that was a long one because of the Queen

 Hi,

So many things crammed into the long weekend.  My nose was still a bit snotty Saturday morning so I gave boot camp a miss but Mike went.  I sat in the car and read while he did his thing.  Good on him.

Home made Saturday morning iced latte

Grocery shopping after that - or Mike did anyway.  Back home to tidy and chill a bit.  Moxley was certainly chill.

Moxley is chilling

Ellie and Tom came over for beer tasting from the home brew they both did a month or so back.  And we had tea too.  Mike had cooked up a great feast and Ellie had made apple pie.

Up Sunday for a day of mountain biking with Andrew.  He took us up Te Whiti Riser.  What a superb way to spend our afternoon.  I stuck to the forest 4WD track after that.  :-)

We enjoy getting out on the mountain bikes



Andrew took the harder way

Coming back down Wainuiomata hill, I used the beautiful bike path.  Mike and Andrew tackled the track.  It looked like fun with some decent rollercoaster looking bits.

The end of it did go into steep jumps but fortunately Mike pulled out before then and follwed me down the tarsealed bike path.  Andrew negotiated his way down - said he might have even needed to walk across a section.  Must have been gnarly.  As I waited for them both, a dad told me what they were both up to as he had seen them.  Hahah.  Good on him because I was wondering why I was the only person at the bottom for a few minutes.

I made the right call, let me just say.  Bike path for the win.

Back home and Richard, Theresa, Alex and Ellen came to visit.  We ordered Indian takeaways and enjoyed chatting away to them.  Andrew visited too.  So good to see them - it has been a while for me.

Aidan was up for a school thing (Shakespeare - the Scottish play).  Seemed like a good reason for them all to come up to me.

Sunday we headed out with the bikes again with Sally and Andrew.  Rode up the new bike path just north of Waterloo station.  Across to the river.  Down to lunch in Lower Hutt.  And back to Sally and Andrew's.  About 15km.

Monday we also got out on the bikes

Giant iced latte @ the cafe in the convention centre

Headed home and sorted out tea.  

Moxley is very interested in Mike's dinner

She's not allowed on the bench

Cat is in the bag

Got ready for the short working week and into bed.  Good sleep but could have been longer.  

Flu jab day at work for me today.

My cold seems to have largely disappeared.  Hopefully that is the end of it.

Have an awesome day.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment