Monday, June 14, 2021

The weekend with a covid test

 Hi,

It was probably a good call to avoid sitting in a cold stadium to watch the rugby on Friday night.  Elly and Tom opted for the Wilton bowling club instead - so I walked down there at 6.35pm and was at their table by 6.45pm.  Turns out they have Friday night dinners and although when Elly and Tom got there, the rugby was not on, they turned it on for us.  Woot!


Friday morning iced lattes

I had a lovely pumpkin and feta lasagne.  It was accompanied by two fresh salads.  I was very happy.  Mike popped down after burgers with Sarah, Hamish and Ryan.  He had a beer with Tom and Elly.


Wilton bowling club for the rugby

Back home and off to bed.  But when I woke, I had a cough.  :-(  Combined with my slightly snotty nose I decided it was best to skip boot camp and have a covid test.  Just in case.

Saturday morning covid test drive through queue

We drove at 9.40am to the car wash and sat through that until closer to 10am when the covid drive through testing station opened on Taranaki St.

There was a car in the covered part already - and one that pulled in just ahead of us.  I think a bicycle turned up behind us.  So - fairly steady.

I was approached by a young woman in a mask and she read out a form and filled it in for me.  Questions like:  do you work in MIQ?  Have you travelled overseas?  Have you been in contact with anyone from overseas?  (Yes, I had.  Were they from Australia?  Yes.  From Melbourne?  No.  That's fine).

We waited for a short time and then drove under the temporary covered porch thing.  The nurse explained the process for the swab well.  They identified me - again.  And I wriggled my toes while the nurse shoved the swab up my nose (apparently wriggling your toes takes your mind off your nose).  10 seconds.  5 seconds in one direction and 5 in the other.  She counted up for the first 5 and then down for the second 5.  Very well done.

And despite my eyes watering from it - it was almost nice.  Certainly not sore.  And not uncomfortable, really.  Kinda ticklish?  

Negative result

The notice I got along with the swab said I had to isolate at home until the results came through.  And stay at home even with a negative result until my symptoms were gone for 24 hours.

It took 24 hours almost to the hour for the result to come by text.  Negative.  Woot!

So Saturday saw me stay home while Mike went out with Sally and Andrew.  Car port prep work and dinner at Bin44.

Sunday saw the same.  Me at home.  Mike, Sally and Andrew really making progress at Polly's place.  I think the car port needs another layer of paint.  And then it is ready for the iron.  The shed got the flashing sorted - yay!  The garden was tidied up with some edging and bark chips.  

It looks good.  Once the car port roof is done, it will look pretty good.  Maybe windows could be next.  :-)  Bit of double glazing?  Keep it toastie pie warm.

Andrew painting

Shed is much more flash(ing) now

Outside garden is nice and tidy

Anyway.  Mike got home and we had a great dinner.   Buddha bowl.  And then bed.  The weather has packed in.  Really wet this morning.  Can barely see over the valley.

I am working from home.  Because... cough.  But it is already better than the weekend.  Maybe I can go back to work tomorrow or Wednesday.

Friend at work (Theresa) had a kick boxing fight on Saturday.  Her partner recorded it and put it on Facebook.  She looked amazing!  And she is the main instigator of the Dirt Duathlon race which is this coming Saturday.  Got to be ready for that.

Mike's birthday week!  Yay!

Have a great week.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment