Tuesday, November 29, 2022

The Monday back at work

 Hi,

Busy this week - maybe Christmas crazy has started a wee bit early. Anyway, long day at work, even with working from home.

I also signed up for an AFL coaching session from 7 - 9pm - and discovered it was actually online because it was being run in Auckland. That was a nice surprise. After I cooked tea and Mike got home and we ate that - I wandered down to my Zoom meeting.

Biggest takeaways were:  

  • Make your practice mimic a match
  • Have a list of What Ifs to handle any game twists and turns - and anything new, just add it to the list

There you go. I figured any coaching tips would translate to real life leadership so it was worth going along to hear what Ryan said (played 15 years for the Swans so he knows a thing or two). And sure enough - comms, comms, comms.  That's the key.

Went to bed not long after that and I was asleep as soon as I stopped reading my book. And I don't think I woke until 15 mins before my alarm. So that was pretty nice.

First day back in gym post-covid

Headed into the gym for the first time since catching covid. Did deads and back/shoulder work. Not bad.

Drove home and working from there. At lunch time Mike and I are beta testing a new app for work. So we'll drive into a local petrol station and try it out with someone watching us.

Mike has an architect forum he is kicking off and is planning with people after work tonight.

Busy, as I said.

Hope your day is a good one.

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment