Monday, April 17, 2023

The weekend in Wellington that was only 2 days long

 Hi,

Because I worked on Friday, I only got a normal 2 day weekend. How does anyone cope with that? Hahahah. Bring back my 3 day weekends I say!

Saturday saw me dithering at home so Mike jumped in the car and did his Park Run at Waitangi Park. He added another 5km so he did an easy 10km. He looked strong when I saw him with 300m to go!

Park Run for Mike

Love the colours of the lagoon

We jumped into Joe's Garage for brekkie for Mike and coffees for us. Then we headed to Willis St for a gym session with Khemry.

Joe's Garage iced latte

Gym with Khemry

It's been a while

Deads and bench for us. Mike joined us on bench.

Then back home to get changed and then back into town to meet Sally after her haircut - and Andrew once he drove in to meet us.

Town was pumping. We secured at table at Smith the Grocer and I had a nice roast vege and haloumi salad.

Lunch iced latte at Smith The Grocer

Then Mike and I went home and then got ready for date night. We had a lovely tea at Capitol, people watching and enjoying a risotto for me and a wagyu steak for Mike.

This was followed by John Wick 4 at the Embassy. And while I love a bit of Keanu - the shooting was quite tedious after the first 5 mins. I would have slept- but it was noisy!

Home really late and fell into bed.

Up late and got brekkie in bed (ta Mike) before I got ready for a bike ride with Andrew. We left 40WLW around midday and headed up Te Whiti Riser. It was busy because it was a lovely day - plenty of walkers. This time, we turned left at the top and headed along the ridge to the repeater tower for some stunning views across. We saw the South Island clearly.

Sunday ride with Andrew

Selfie

Stunning views

Back down the Summit Road fire break and to 40WLW where we relaxed in the sun before I headed home.

My chilli plant has one turning red

Habanero is really going for it

Smudge strutting her stuff

My harvest

It's Christmas colours!

I harvested some spinach, chillies and potatoes. Then we had tea and off to bed. Up to WFH on Monday!

I'm off to Aus this week. Exciting!

Have a good week.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment