Tuesday, April 11, 2023

The weekend with Easter

 Hi,

What a great Easter - even though Mike was away, I managed to keep busy and keep the pining to a minimum. It was tough, but I got through.

Good Friday saw me regretting not getting stocked up on Lewis Road iced coffees on Thursday. Waaaaahhh.  I was facing Easter with home made iced lattes only. 


Last of my Lewis Road iced coffee

I got the bikes ready for a bike ride on Saturday. Degreased and lubed Toby's mountain bike. Took a while to do that as it was pretty gunked up. Found all the gear - except my wee pump. I took it out of its normal place for the A2O ride as we had one pump between us. But now I am unsure where that place was. 

Around 3pm I went to pick up Khemry from her place and we headed out to Mana and the rock moll protecting the marina there for some fishing!

Friday iced latte

Iced latte with Khemry

First fish

We spent about 2 hours out there as the sun slowly set ahead of us. We caught Spottys mainly - but I also caught a kawai (which was too wee and we had to release - whereupon the wee fish promptly swam into the rocks to hide from me!) and some other larger fish that was apparently good (says Khemry).

Me!

I really loved it. Found it tricky to bait the hooks - took me ages. But I loved just being out there with Khemry. We both probably caught about 5 fish each.

Caught one!

Thank you, Khemry for such a great afternoon. I had such a lot of fun. Khemry invited me back to her place for Saturday dinner to eat the fish! Woot!

Moxley chilling

Saturday saw me up and at the supermarket for picnic provisions for the bike ide.  Then back home to pack the car up with two bikes and gear and the food. Then off to Eastbourne. I got to the car park at 10.02am! Not bad for a 10am meeting time.

We start our bike ride

Erin and Pippa were there already - so we got the bikes ready. And the panniers filled up with blanket and food. By the time we were almost done, Celia, Eva and Charlie arrived. So soon we were setting off.

Riding, riding

Bike and lighthouse

Everyone lined up

Considering the weather was supposed to be pretty bad - we had a lovely time. No rain (I saw a few drops on the windscreen as I drove there - and wondered how wet it was going to be) at all! None! In fact, it was sunny and warm when we rode back to the car.

We got all the way around to the lakes behind the lighthouse. Pippa is a cycling machine! Charlie had a tiny bike and her wee legs probably did twice as many revolutions as the rest of us. The picnic was lovely - in the lake area. We enjoyed baguette and fresh apples from Erin's tree and craisins from Celia. Heheheh. Great fun. And with a wee tailwind, we got back to the car easily.

I got an Easter Egg in the afternoon - but no Lewis Road iced coffees. OMG. More home made iced lattes for me.

Got myself an egg

Moxley says do NOT move

And uses her second paw to really keep me in place

And then I headed to Khemry's house to enjoy dinner with her. She had cooked up our fish - one in noodles with fresh ginger - delicious. And some fried whole. It was all very tasty. Thank you!

Khemry cooks up the fish

We enjoy our meal

Sunday saw a lovely day here in Wellington. So out came the house washer and I cleaned the entire outside of the house. It didn't take as long as I thought it might.  Just shy of 2 hours. But the garage needs doing. That might be next weekend.

There is a plank of wood that looks like it needs replacing about where the pic below is! I need to show Mike that.

I wash the house

Take my dressing off

I took my dressing off and left it off. It seems okay to me. I get the stitches out today (Tuesday!). Excited to get that done.

Sunday afternoon I went to roll my egg down the hill on our street. Hahahah. It did not roll very far. I am not as vigorous as Toby. Shona sent a video of Toby rolling his egg in Peregian Springs and it broke on the hot road. Hahahah.

Me and my egg rolling

Not rolling very far

Clean house

Home made!

Monday saw me chilling at home. I did a weight session at home. And accidentally took a branch off my chilli plant. So I made salsa.

Smudge finds a warm morning spot

Moxley finds a warm afternoon spot

Home weight session

My chilli plant lost a branch

So I made salsa

... and chilli scrambled eggs from Little Poms recipe

And Toby suggested I make the chilli scramble from Little Poms. So I googled the recipe - and found it on Stuff.  So I made that and it was delicious.

Moxley finishes Easter where she started it 

Mike got home around 8.30pm after a long, long drive back from close to Te Urewera. He had a great tramping Easter with Andrew, Janine and Claire. I am sure he will tell you all about it.

His gear is now dry and washed. :-)

Hope your Easter was good fun. 

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment