Tuesday, April 18, 2023

The Monday that was. The Tuesday that is. The Wednesday that will be in Queensland.

Hi,

I worked from home yesterday and managed to separate the cats from a fight that had fur flying. Actual fur! There was a fluffy white cat prowling outside our house. Smudge was protecting her patch and started to scratch at the window to ensure she saw off this interloper. But Moxley took umbrage at this behaviour and right as Smudge was at full stretch up the window, Moxley took a swipe at Smudge.

Well, it was all on then. Smudge was horrified to be taken out by friendly fire as she protected her turf. They fought fiercely but briefly because there was an almighty holler of outrage from me. They shot off. But their relationship has been damaged. All day they avoided each other. And when Mike picked up Smudge later in the evening, she was meowing pitifully.

Mike made non alcoholic margaritas

Anyway - Mike got home after his working day. I started packing for my trip to Aus. But I do need to finish that tonight.

After tea (HLTs - haloumi, lettuce and tomato toasted sandwiches and a smashed potato dish) Mike made some margaritas with his non alcoholic soda water. He loved it. I hated mine. So he went to do some life admin and I went to bed to read.

Mike also got up at 1am to watch some rocket launch. I barely noticed. I do know it got delayed for a few days.

Up for a ride into work. Gym with Quentin. 65kg deads. Then back to work - where I found they had run out of water completely. Mike said hilariously that they fixed the lack of hot water by making the cold water the same. None. Yes, we have not had hot water for weeks now.


Felix took a pic of me and Barb


I have a flight tomorrow leaving WLG at 6.30am. Mike said he will get up at 4am to take me to the airport. Wow! I fly to Sydney, and run to my next domestic flight to the Sunshine Coast. Mum has a hospital appointment on Thursday - so that is good timing to help her with that. I think she also has flu jabs soon.

Good! 

And I will see Toby briefly.

Yay!

Have a wonderful time. You might be lucky to get Mike guest blogging as he pines for my company.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment