Monday, May 8, 2023

The Monday back at work after arriving in Wellington late Friday

 Hi,

Yes, I am back in Wellington. I am already missing my parents like mad though. It was so good to see them and I will write a wee blog about the stay over there soon. They are both doing well and recovering from various things (hip surgery for my Mum and head wounds for my Dad).

I flew back to NZ on Friday just gone (May 5th). Caught the bus from my parents' place to Sunshine Coast airport (40 mins on the bus). The bus leaves from a block away from the end of my parents' street. It winds through Coolum, Mt Coolum and Marcoola beach before pulling into the airport. It continues to Maroochydore from there. But I got to the airport at 11am and checked in and went through security and waited for my flight to Sydney.

Bus stop for my trip to the airport

On the bus

On the plane

The flight was 45 mins late leaving the Sunshine Coast. Lucky I had decided it was too hard to get onto the trains in Sydney to meet Karen and Abby at Central because I would have had even less time!

Sydney airport

Instead I went right through to my gate intent on reading my book for a few hours. But I got a text from Juliet and she was in koru with Roanne and Vance.  Roanne got me in with them and I chilled out with them (this is just after buying a sandwich).

But it worked out great. Chatted to them. And then got on the flight and ate my sandwich when tea was served.

Arrived at 11.20pm. Hooned through customs without any checked luggage and found the car on level 5 and was home at 12.02am. Cats were happy to see me.

There's my Mum waving goodbye from her front door as I walk to the bus stop

Smudge finds me comfortable

Moxley finds me comfortable too

Saturday saw me sleep in. And then tidy ahead of Jason's arrival. Went to meet him at the airport at 9.50pm only to find he got in early at 9.25pm. Lucky I was there.  :-)

I watched the Coronation on the streaming TVNZ service. I wanted to see a bit of history happening. A lot of pomp and ceremony harkening (hahah - ye olde English words seem appropriate) back to ancient medieval times.  

Up early Sunday to meet Maureen at the southern end of the Skyline walk in Kaori. Saw Mandy and Dave there as they started the walk from the southern end. Maureen arrived 2 mins after they left and we left our car there and headed to the Johnsonville end - via a coffee stop.

I wore my new Jolly Gear sun shirt. It was perfect! Worked well.

Iced latte before our walk

Maureen on the Skyline walk

The walk was lovely - no wind until we got past Mt Kau Kau. Spotted Mandy and Dave as they passed us. It took us just under 3.5 hours to do the 14 km. Maureen probably could have done it in well under 3 hours. But thank you, Maureen, for such a good way to start my Sunday.

Back home after a grocery shop. 

Moxley on me

Sally and Andrew popped over and we checked out Nelson houses they are interested in. Then they headed off and I sorted out tea.

Got ready for bed and Jason and Chelsea got home. So good to see Chelsea. They had some tea and then Chelsea stayed the night with Jason. 

Up for work - from home today though. And Mike gets back tonight. Woot! He has been on a road trip with Toby and Tessa from Chc to Dunedin to visit his Mum. Awwww.

Have a lovely week.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment