Monday, May 22, 2023

The weekend in Wellington

 Hi,

Friday saw me doing very little, tbh. It was wet! But I did have tea ready for Mike when he got home - so yay!

Cat smothering

Saturday saw us up to head to Lower Hutt for Mike to do the Park Run there - and add on another 5km to that. While he ran, I went to CityFitness to try my running out on the treadmill. 2km and it seemed fine - if slow.

Start of Park Run Lower Hutt

I see his jacket in the start line

Meanwhile I run on the treadmill

Raced to the finish line after my run and saw Mike complete his first 5km. He looked very strong and took off for his next 5k.


He's off

And in the finish line - halfway through his 10 km run

Bruises from massaging

I met Andrew at the cafe - to allow me to pick up the Subaru they had borrowed for logistics on Thursday. But I had to drive the Focus back to 40WLW. So - after a lovely iced coffee, observing the Baby Expo punters arriving for the expo, we drove back in separate cars, via the coffee cart. Andrew also picked up Mike on the way, as he had finished his second 5k by then.

Sally made us brekkie and I tried wild venison bacon! Wow! First time eating bacon for years and years.

Iced latte at the convention centre

Sally made brekkie

Huge iced latte from the coffee cart

Mike and I popped into Noel Leeming and bought our new lux. A Miele Blizzard Cat and Dog model. We got home and I luxed the entire house.

Unwrapping the new lux

Trying it out

Moxley looks happy

In the evening, we went to the new pub on Molesworth St. Chapman something. We met Greg, Nicola and Grant for a rollicking good catch up.

Random selfie at the new pub

Food was ok. One vegetarian option. But the haloumi burger was good. Grant had brought some pics from our previous holidays and work together. Hilarious. Good fun. So good to see Nicola again too.

Off to bed. I did get up at 10pm and put bread on, while Mike slept. So in the morning, it was a surprise for him to get fresh bread for brekkie.

We left just after 10am to head to Masterton. We'd seen some tweet that showed cheap Allbirds at a shop there. All giant sizes. Which meets Mike's needs perfectly.

Memories for Mum and Toby

What???

He bought 3 pairs at $55 each. And he found me 4n20 pies - vegetarian style. What? Yeah - I will try it and review for you.

Cafe - Trocadero

Taking a pic of the picture on the wall

World famous in Masterton iced coffee 

Grabbed lunch at Cafe Trocadero. Very nice - would recommend. Mike tried their world famous iced coffee. It was huge!

Drove back. Relaxed at home then headed to Lighthouse Petone to meet Sally and Andrew and watch Guardians of the Galaxy vol3. It was good - a lot of Rocket's back story. Awwwww.

Home and to bed. Up to WFH for me. Spin after work today at Thorndon.

Take care!

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment