Wednesday, March 27, 2024

The Tuesday with work stuff

 Hi,

After an excellent planning day and an equally awesome bike ride to and fro (18knm each way - decent enough), we all met up in town for tea and karaoke at Newkor. My bus ride in was easy-as. First time on a bus in ages.

Catching a bus to town in the evening

Newkor - ready for dinner with all my mates

I was first into Newkor - and then Mike was able to make it when his work function didn't pan out. That was good to see him.


I found someone

Then most of the team arrived and we got stuck into some dinner. Newkor have pared down their menu - and my vegan fried cauliflower had... fish cakes mixed in. Fortunately I avoided those. But - weird.  Martyn left as we finished tea to catch his plane. But we made sure to dedicate one song to him.

There we all are

Alastair loves karaoke

The whole team loves it

Nice big ride for me to and from our meeting place. Ta Adnan.

We only got an hour at karaoke as they shut at 9pm. They let us go a little longer due to a slow start with set up and stuff. But it was great fun.

Then Mike and I collected our backpack from Caitlin (she lives next door) and then Ubered home. Had a great sleep.

Mike went off to the gym and the doctor for a check up. And I am WFH and packing for our flight to Dunedin tonight.

Take care! Have a great Easter.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment