Monday, March 11, 2024

The weekend in Wellington

 Hi,

What a weekend. I was sure I did nothing. But no. Got up to lots. Thursday saw me and Mike out for Float after work. So good. Mike is sure he slept. It is very relaxing. Then we headed to Master Kong for tea. Mmmmm. Thank you Mike!

My photos are all messed up in the timeline. Be ready for a quantum leap through the weekend! 

Thursday night we went to Float Well and enjoyed a double float. 1 hour in the pod was so nice. Then we went to Master Kong and had a delicious meal.

Dinner Thursday after Float

Master Kong


Home to bed!

Saturday afternoon saw Mike away for Survivor Night and me off to the rugby to watch Wellington Poua play Matatuu. I was fully expecting Matatuu to smash them. And that would have made me pretty happy as Matatuu is the southern wahine team. But no.

Rugby day!

I caught the 14 bus down nice and early. And sat in my Aisle 32 Row DD, Seat 152 very early to watch training. Then at 4.30 the game started. And Wellington was pretty much always on top. But it was a close, good game.

Training

Colder now

Despite it being nice in the morning and early afternoon, I got really cold sitting in the stands as the southerly change kicked in. But we stayed dry. Woot!

Caught the 14 bus home and was there by 19:00. Had some dinner and snuggled with the cats.

Moxley cuddled up

On the bus to visit Christine

Saturday morning saw Mike off to Upper Hutt for Park Run and me to Joe's Garage to catch up with Christine. Mike's plans to head to Wainuiomata from running did not pan out. So he came to Joe's Garage and we all caught up with Christine.

Run, Mike, Run

We heard about Tom and his gap year. And Tilly - her horse. And J3. If you know, you know.

Joe's Garage iced latte

Then home and to rugby (but due to the quantum nature of this blog post, I have covered that off above).

Sunday saw me without a car and it a bit tricky to carve out time to ride with Sally. Stink. I ended up staying at home and getting things done ahead of Mike's arrival back from surviving.

Monday iced latte

Tiny capsicum

Bobbly clouds

Birthday socks from Chelsea! Yippee!

Mike returned - he survived! - and then Wally came over and they dismantled the Subaru dashboard. It didn't take absolute ages. But it was tricky. We have a lot of video footage now - with swearing and inane conversation about our lives. Not sure it will be a YouTube sensation. 

Sneak preview. THERE'S THE EVAPORATOR CORE, I CAN SEE IT

Andrew popped over on his way to collect his mother from Bluebridge. And we all chatted before Mike and I had some tea and watched some YouTube and went to bed.

That was our weekend.

In snippets via a quantum leap.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment