Thursday, March 14, 2024

The Wednesday with work

 Hi,

As I pulled on one of my nice, new Star Wars socks yesterday morning, I reflected on the fact that up until Chelsea got me these socks, I had no idea how uplifting for my daily routine it would be to encase my feet in Star Wars socks. Loving it!

Loving my Star Wars socks, Chelsea

Morning tea

I was on morning tea duty at work and made date loaf and kiwi crisps. Lucky I made two things as it was a bit sparse on the morning tea table.

Rode home after work and waited for Mike. Then he made delicious tofu stir fry. Mmmmm. I used the evening to pack for our weekend away to Methven. 

Mike took the opportunity to clear a mouse (catch #26 I think) from the trap by the front door. But it was a bit too dark to clear the others.

The cats wandered out to explore while we did that. And they loved it. Both snuggled up together under the porch at one point. I think letting them out when they were in a crepuscular mood was both good and bad. Smudge was really keen to explore and she is usually quite timid.

Mouse #26

A very decomposed mouse

And then off to bed for a pretty good sleep. Up early for me to have brekkie and make a coffee for Mike and ride to work.

But when I got to the gym, Mike pinged to say he got a migraine and he's back in bed. Poor thing.

Squats this morning. 57.5kg. 4 reps x 5 sets

So I used a bit of his morning gym session on top of mine and did an hour. Squats. Which I find quite hard work. Saw Dan in there for the first time in ages. I did 57.5kg squats. 4 reps over 5 sets. Not too bad. Then accessories. Hammies. Abductors. Leg press.

At work now. Run after work along the waterfront. Then home to look after Mike and ensure we're ready for an early start tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment