Tuesday, August 6, 2024

The Monday back at work and with my first sourdough attempt

 Hi,

Well, the sourdough turned out pretty good, to be honest. A bit peely-wally on top. Apparently solved with more water spray as it bakes. So I will try that.

Yes, it was a process. But once you get it, it is not hard. I am sure I will get some failures as I get to know this process more and experiment. But also - might just nail it! Delicious with butter over it. I got out some goat burger patties for tea. And we ate that when Mike got home inside two halves of the sourdough. Mike loved it! I am chuffed.

It worked

Tui in the kowhai outside our kitchen

Singing its wee head off

Tried my pannier on the new carrier

Went to try out my pannier bag on the newly-fitted Aeroe rack. And fail. It does not work. But investigating it further, it turns out I have put it on upside down. or backwards. So I will attempt to re-fit it tonight and see if the pannier works.

Moxley enjoying the heat of the day - and our airing sleeping bags

Smudge on our ski gear suitcase soaking up the sun

Had a good sleep until 23:00 when an earthquake shook us awake. 4.8 and shallow, under Cook Strait. That was a bit rude - made Moxley flee from under the duvet. Hahah. And after that I seemed to have a bit of a fitful sleep. My alarm at 5:45am was quite the shock.

Geonet comes through with all the details



But, off to the gym on the 6.35am bus. It dropped me at 230 The Terrace at 6.55. And I ran. I ran so far away. Well, to the gym. And got there at 6.59am. So if I run from the bus, I can get there on time.

Lewis Road iced coffee at work courtesy of Mike

It was bench day. And I am weak. Weak! 35kg. 4 sets x 4 reps. And 1 set of 6 reps. Then a whole bunch of accessories. Shoulder press. Arm raises. Front raises. Triceps. Flys. Bicep curls. And 50 push ups.

OMG.

At work. Busy. And I hope to walk home with Barb tonight. She is calling it the jungle path. Oohhh.

Have a great day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment