Monday, August 11, 2008

My weekend was a constant string of losing and forgetting things. But, for all that, it was a good weekend. Mike went to the local pub after work with colleagues and got home in fine form on Friday night. He found Toby and I snuggled up in bed watching some cartoons. I slept on the couch as when the boys fell asleep, I got up to go to the toilet and there was no space left in the bed. I wanted to wake at midnight for the opening ceremony of Beijing anyway, so I found some blankets and slept on the couch. However, I woke with a start at 3.55am. Oops. I went to wake Toby (he wanted to watch the games) and he said sleepily “No thank you Mummy. Tell me all about it later. ”. So I watched the last 40 mins or so.


Saturday morning I took Toby to swimming as Mike was a little tender after the slight excesses the night before. Toby did very well. He had a new instructor and despite the freezing conditions outside he happily splashed about in the pool.

Then we were back home for lunch at Tom ’s house. We watched the condensed version of the opening ceremony and enjoyed soup.

In-between social times we unpacked book boxes and filled up shelves in the TV room. Mike has everything necessary to attach the bookcases to the walls now so that might be tonight ’s job.

Sunday we went for morning tea to Sarah and Hamish ’s house and Toby played with Ryan. Then we went home and Mike and Toby made chocolate pudding while I unpacked more boxes. Then we hurtled off to Tawa for lunch for Anthony ’s birthday. During pudding Kara rang Mike ’s phone and caused major chaos as I remembered I was supposed to be at a concert with her in Wellington . Eeeeek. Mike and I hurtled out the door leaving Toby there, but then we abandoned the idea of me making the concert.

So, we had a leisurely end to the meal and we went home. Mike hired a trailer and we swapped our single bed for Hannah ’s double bed for Mum and Dad to use. My body is now officially broken from the estimated 500kg of book boxes I moved at the weekend. And then I had to take all the books out of the bookcases and get Mike to lift them while I put wedges under them to make them lean back into the wall. So, can I say I have moved a 1000kg of books this weekend? Well, that ’s how my body feels!

The ride in was lovely this morning. Clear skies, dry roads and double gloves! My fingers stayed warm despite the chill.

Ok. Time to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment