Monday, August 18, 2008

We had a wonderful weekend – we seemed to get loads done and the All Blacks won. Saturday we went out to swimming with Toby. The weather was a little chilly but Toby swam well. Then we bought a few things on the way home. Mike got stuck into some DIY (he took down the wall in the green room ’s closet and will batt and re-gib it this week during the evenings).


Sunday was absolutely wonderful. I was out early in my shorts and t-shirt doing some gardening. Vivienne, John and Benjamin brought Ramble around with my birthday plants and Vivienne had a quick look at the renovations going on downstairs. I ran out of time to put the new plants in as we rushed off to look at Open Homes. Mum and Dad have found something very nice in Ngaio and after some consideration I think they should probably put an offer in for it.

In the afternoon I went for a bike ride with Toby (he was on his tag along) and we had a ball. He pedalled really hard so we could get up the hill (and we did!). I must do that more often. I have suggested to Mum and Dad that they leave their bikes out in Woburn somewhere (if Sally and Andrew have the space) and we can all ride on the flat together. I think Mum would be a menace anywhere on a road. Actually, she may be a menace on the bike path too. J Toby needs to learn how to ride a bike without the training wheels. It will be the goal for this summer.

Mike took a load to the tip on Sunday too. It was a very good exercise! We probably need to do it again soon.

We went out to Tawa for dinner last night and had a good chat to Helen and Ron. Our weekend was busy but I ’m sure I have forgotten all that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment