Friday, September 26, 2008

Despite the fact I have had about 4.5 hours sleep I feel fine.  It must be the gorgeous weather this morning.   Mike and I rode home last night at 2000 after our geeky Microsoft session (which I actually enjoyed – even though it was a finance application and I knew nothing about it) where they were expecting 20 people, got 10 and ordered pizza for 20.  It ’s a wonder I managed it up the hill after all that food.
 
Toby was in bed when we got home and almost asleep.   My parents took the stretcher bed and went home and we went to bed.  A fruitless exercise for me.   I may have got about 5 minutes sleep before the alarm went off and I drove to the airport to collect Karen, Scott, Tyler and Abby.   They arrived in high spirits even though it was past midnight by that stage.  Wee Tyler was virtually asleep by the time we drove to Ngaio though.   I left them to get to bed and drove home and hopped into bed myself.
 
I had to laugh at Scott ’s revelation that he has a grandfather (was it?) that was born in Arrowtown and hence he has 1/16 Kiwi blood.  And what ’s more, going back one more generation I think they were Scottish.   He ’s almost considering letting Tyler and Abby play for the Silver Ferns when they get older.  Heheheheheh.   Maybe not quite.
 
I must take Karen to Vivienne ’s house so she can meet Ramble!  Karen would love Ramble!   Not sure what Tyler and Abby would make of him.  
 
Anyhow, we ’re meeting at One Red Dog at 1730 today for dinner ( 9 Blair St ).  So feel free to join us.  Everyone will collect wee Toby from school (it ’s his last day of the term) so he ’ll be chuffed about that.  It is a logistics exercise to move everyone around because we don ’t fit in one car.   Everything has to be done in unison – like some giant synchronised swimming programme.
 
So, the weekend beckons.   Roll on 1730!   Plans?  Not sure.  If the weather is good it ’ll be an easy task filling in the days.   Karen is the only one that vaguely knows Wellington .   Scott has only been to the airport I think.   Tyler probably only remembers our house and this is Abby ’s first time in NZ.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment