Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I absolutely loved the ride in this morning.  The wind has dried the roads and I flew down the hill.   I even saw 42km/h on my bike computer.   That hardly ever happens.   When it is wet I usually see something like 12 km/h as I ride down the hill, gripping my brakes in a granny vice-like hold.  Looking outside now though it looks like a definite change is coming.  The clouds are lower and threatening.   The wind is supposed to get to galeforce at some stage today too.
 
Toby has a dental clinic visit at 1410 this afternoon.  I ’ll go and collect him from school and take him there (it is in another school in Northland) and then drop him at Mum and Dad ’s place for the afternoon.  Then I ’ll drive back into town and work for the rest of the afternoon.  We ’ll have dinner at my parents place as we need to collect wee Toby anyway.  Good score, eh?   We had a yummy dinner there yesterday but Mike went home at midday as he was feeling sick so he slept all day and didn ’t have dinner with us.  I think he has some viral thing playing havoc with his system.  He ’s a bit better today and will be coming into work.
 
Mum and Dad collect a rental car as a get around car for a while.  They really don ’t appreciate the manual options we have presented to them.  They made me laugh when they talked about the MX-5 and how they have to drop into it from a great height because the seats are so low.  And getting out seemed to involve winches and block and tackle from their descriptions.  Heheheheheh.
 
Ok.   Time to get stuck in.

No comments:

Post a Comment