Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Unfortunately my new PC no longer has Karen ’s home email, so I doubt she ’ll get this today.   We had a good evening yesterday.   Dad had collected wee Toby and cooked dinner so I got to spend time reading to Toby when I got home.   It was very pleasant.   Toby went to bed well and I surveyed the garden as the wind tore through it.   I piled up dirt around my veges in a vain attempt to keep them rooted against the howling westerly.   Wind from that quarter is not common at all.
 
The weather was supposed to be bad today and as I fell asleep listening to the strong gusts I was sure I ’d be on the bus this morning.   But the day was still when I woke and the roads were bone dry.   So I zapped down the hill trying out my new brake pads (Mike fitted them yesterday at lunch time).   I can stop so much easier now although I am expecting to pull them on a little bit too much and come a cropper.   We shall see.
 
I have not prepared dinner tonight so I have no idea what to cook up …   Ooops.   Might have to nip out to the supermarket at lunchtime today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment