Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good morning on Thurs, Dec 18

Hi,

Finally a lovely day here in Wellington. They have been in short supply in the last week.

Last night we had our department Christmas party. It was fun as we had it at a lawn bowls club and I tried lawn bowls for the first time. I haven't shaken the game to its core with my previously hidden talent for the game. But I think I only rolled about 8 bowls down so I may still find I can actually bowl if I ever get another opportunity.

We had arranged for Vivienne to collect Toby from After School Care, take him to Ngaio for feeding and watering and general play before taking him home to bed. Vivienne realised at about 7.30 that she didn't know our alarm and had no key. Oops. Mike heard a cry of glee from Toby in the background when Toby realised he was looking at a sleepover at Benjamin's house!

This was obviously preying on Mike's mind so when people starting leaving our party, Mike made a move too. Vivienne bundled Toby into the car and came and collected us. :-) Thanks Vivienne!

I left Mike and Toby this morning quite happy with the world. Toby had a good sleep and Mike did too (apart from a text message from my parents at 1am that woke us reminding us to go to their house this morning). Toby's first words when I kissed him goodbye and he woke up were "Is it the weekend yet?". He is mad keen to get to Sydney.

Have a great day! I need a cup of tea.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment