Monday, December 1, 2008

Toby is very pleased to finally be in the same month as his birthday.   Wee Tyler turns five so soon as well.   I can ’t believe it.
 
We had a weird sort of a weekend.   The weather was great and Saturday saw us have a lot of fun out at Nae Nae.   Toby ’s swimming was fun (it always seems so much nicer with sun streaming in the windows at the pool) and there was a fair on in central Nae Nae (right outside the pool) so we wandered around.   Toby had a turn on a mini Ferris wheel (it was free – alright!).
 
Then we went home with croissants for lunch.   The early afternoon was very lazy and then Mike and I went to wash the cars near the garage.   I told Toby (twice) we were going to wash the cars.   However, after about an hour I came back down and just missed the phone.   And I tried to find Toby but he was nowhere to be seen.   That was odd.   I went up to see Mike and ask him but he was also gone (just the spade he was using was stuck in the dirt and two digs only completed).   It was starting to look like an apocalypse movie.   The phone rang again and it was Mike ’s Mum and she had talked to Toby earlier and he was upset he couldn ’t find us.  
 
Turns out Toby had trotted (in his barefeet – he never goes anywhere in his barefeet) out into the back yard, wandered through two neighbours backyards and was down the road a wee way.   He was a bit traumatised by his adventure but I think he was also quite proud of his achievements.   Why on earth he thought I ’d be there is beyond me!
 
Sunday was good fun.   We watched the rugby early on and then Toby and I went to see Benjamin and Ramble.  Vivienne and John were off diving (congratulations – they are now certified – or rather, John is re-certified and Vivienne is newly certified) so we stopped in for the day.   Toby had a ball.   The PS2 came out and Toby played Lego Star Wars for ages.   We also went into the bush and walked Ramble (lots of fun) and I got shortbread to boot (Mum – it ’s in the biscuit tin!).
 
Now it ’s work time once more.   But only 20 days till we head over to Sydney for Christmas.   Hooray.   And work put an advent calendar on my desk, so how much better can it get?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment