Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Guess what?   Mike and I missed our wedding anniversary.   It was 4 days ago and I just remembered.   We are very busy – honest!  
 
What else can I tell you to show you all how disorganised we are?   Listen to this.   Toby ’s second tooth fell out on Monday evening.   He gave it a yank and out it came – no blood or anything.   So we put it in an envelope and addressed it to the Tooth Fairy.   However, Mike and I forgot all about it.   Toby burst into tears when he woke up and discovered the envelope and tooth still there.   Mike headed him off with a story about the busy time the tooth fairy has at the moment.
 
So last night Mike and I were determined not to forget.   The bad part?   We only had $20 on us.   Well, that and a $50.  That was a bit excessive.   Toby doesn ’t really understand how much $20 as he told us he had a dollar left under his pillow.   I hope that ’s what he tells everyone too.   And I hope there is a gap between this loss and his next tooth loss so we can go back to the $5 amount he got for his first tooth!
 
Mum is going to come in for lunch today so I ’ll do some shopping with her.   I ’m looking forward to that.
 
Mum also did the lunch duty at Toby ’s school yesterday in my place.   She met Evan (the naughty boy) and decided he really was very naughty.   It sounds like Mum enjoyed herself.   She can be the teacher she may have been in another life – if things had panned out different somehow.   Keeping a school yard in line is definitely her cup of tea.
 
Which is exactly what I need right now.
 
I left the boys at home happily getting ready.   Mike is eating the rest of the bread we cooked overnight (part of that disorganised thing is that we haven ’t got any sandwich making bread so I ’ve been making bread all the time lately).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment