Thursday, December 18, 2008

Toby loves UB Funkeys

Toby and I had a good morning - Toby was up early in spite of his adventures last night and asked again if it was time to go to Sydney, just in case his mum had got it wrong. I told him no and that he'd know when it was time because we'd be getting him out of bed in the middle of the night.

I left him to get dressed and when I came back, he'd filled in his lunch order already. Very neat handwriting and everything. Only minor trouble was that he'd ordered $8 worth of muffins, jellies and choc milk, but no sandwiches. After a bit of negotiation we got it down to $6 and some healthy(ish) food. We crossed out the extra junk food and Toby put sad faces on each one (not that he was grumpy about it - I think!!)

Then we printed out some more UB Funkeys pictures, and raced off to school. Only to find that the various sets of keys I'd grabbed did not include a garage key or a house key. After some quick breaking and entering - which is always a good opportunity, I've found a route into the house now that's easy and bypasses any alarm sensors, must talk to Malcolm again - I ended up with some Corolla keys with house and garage keys. No sign of my keys or the MX5 with garage keys. Sigh. Such a nice day and I've got a huge lump of steel over my head when I'm out and about.

So, delivered Toby happily to school - and now I'm ensconced in Robert and Margo's house with laptop and citrix. The painter is here already and doing his thing. I had a monentary problem when I discovered their WLAN was secured and I didn’t know its password – but all good because they have a neighbour with a wide-open WLAN. They are very generous! I won't abuse the privilege though. And I think that Robert and Margo should have a few quiet words to their neighbours...

No comments:

Post a Comment