Monday, October 4, 2010

The weekend with lovely weather, water fun and Yum Cha

Hi,

What a lovely run of weather we're having.  All for a nice spring feel.  This morning Mike and I walked in with a still, calm morning, with the sun shining.  I wore sunglasses!  Honest!

Sunday was great fun.  We went to Yum Cha and Abby had stand by sandwiches just in case she didn't like the food.  But she ate well (maybe she likes Toby's kids chopsticks) and the sandwiches were unnecessary.  We met Christine and John and Tom there as well.  Very nice.

Then home to get the kids togs (they were at Mum and Dad's place) and off to H2OXtreme in Upper Hutt for some water fun.  Abby loved the water slides.  One was pitch black inside and she always went down on my lap in that one (mainly because I asked her to) but she went down the other one by herself many times, with Tyler sometimes and with Toby a few times.  We both steered clear of the almost vertical yellow fast slide.  Yuck!  Mike and I did have a comms mix up though.  I thought he was going to collect Tom and he thought it was me.  So when I got there and met Mike and William (Toby's friend from his class), I said "Where's Tom?" at about the same time as Mike said it to me.  Oops.  But Christine came and brought him.  A good thing too as it would have been hard looking after Tom and Abby (they are fulltime in the pool) and William, Toby and Tyler who like to run around like mad things.  Phew!

Saturday we won't discuss much.  The AFL Grand Final was a disappointment.  Can't see St Kilda bouncing back after that dismal performance to get into another Grand Final next year.  Woeful.

I hope Mum and Dad have fun with the kids today.  They are enjoying each other's company still.  Now, if only Tyler can get Toby away from his DS Lite for a few hours today...

Anyhow - time to get stuck in. 

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment