Friday, July 20, 2012

The Thursday with nothing but should have been something

Hi,

Mike and I have a lot of homework to do - but we didn't do it last night.  So now our Friday night is looking boring.  I probably only have twenty minutes to finish off my Cubs homework, but I think Mike has a bit more work to do for tramping club and various other jobs.

Last night I rode home for the first time in ages - and got my brakes fixed on the way.  Hooray!  I think I have been missing my evening bike ride home because after cycling up the hill (the long way - from the bike shop up Sar St) I felt so relaxed once I got home.  And then, wonderfully, my latest issue of Sky and Telescope was int he letterbox when I got home.  Life was so sweet.  It is slightly inexplicable to me how finding a magazine in the letterbox can perk me up that much.  And now I can't wait to read in-depth about Saturn's magnificent storms...  Ooooooo.

After a quick dinner, I drove Mike's mother home and then popped in to see Sally for a cup of tea.  I have supplied her with her very own box of Rooibos tea and it is now a lovely routine.  About 8pm I knock on her door.  She now knows it isn't some Jehovah Witness come to chat for thirty minutes and lets me in.  I have a Rooibos and we watch dodgy reality TV and I go home.  Perfect.  Hence the reason I have outstanding homework though.  The choice isn't hard - Sally, or homework?  Hahahahah.  I choose Sally every time.

Mike and I were pretty tired - work is busy for both of us.  So we were asleep pretty quick last night.  Mike tried to fix our Corolla headlights.  He dismantled the entire area behind the steering wheel.  I was very impressed.  After cleaning it, he put it back and found it was still broken.  But he has kept it unencumbered and can now twitch the contacts that mean the lights can come on if you stick your wet finger in the right place and brace for a jolt.  Just joking!  But you do need to wiggle the contacts.  Time for a new part or take it in to get sorted.

The weekend is looking great.  Tabor visit if all goes to plan tomorrow.  I need to buy new pillows, a dust mite cover for the mattress and duvet and see if I can stop Mike's vicious allergies flaring up like mad.  Sort out dinner and go for a day walk.  Marvellous.  And a Sunday family lunch.  Choice!

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment