Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Tuesday with Roz

Hi,

What a lovely evening spent in Roz's company.  I picked up Mike on the way home as part of the execution of plan number 3 in the Gilbert list of plans (you should have seen other other 5 options - shudder) and collected his mother to take her home.  This worked in well for me as I had a date with Roz in Petone for the evening.

Roz was down from Auckland and we had a catch up planned.  I found her hotel eventually and decided to take her to Pauatahanui to Duck Creek restaurant.  And I was in the wee green car so a nice drive over Haywards sounded good to me.  But when we got there, it was shut.  And looks quite shut - which would be a shame as when Sally, Andrew, Mike and I ate there it was rather nice.

What to do now?  Palmerston North for dinner?  Hahahah.  I was enjoying the driving.  But Roz squeaked a bit when I suggested that.  So I drove back to Jackson St and we walked up the street looking for somewhere nice.  Found an American restaurant called Uncle Mike's Kansas BBQ.  Hahahah.  How funny.  I must take the Kittos there when they next come to Wellington.

Anyhow, it was yummy.  Loads of meat on the menu - but what do you know?  I ordered the vegetarian dish.  Weird, I know.  It was good.  And Roz's burger looked good too.  I had grilled mushrooms.



Anyhow, we chatted for ages and caught up with each other's news.  I dropped Roz off and wandered home.

Another nice day this morning in Wellington.  But it is hurting the skifields.  Ruapehu is woeful.

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment