Monday, July 23, 2012

The weekend of amazingness

Hi,

Brrr - finally we have a day of rain and cooler temperatures.  My bike gear is making pools of water beneath my desk (not really - but it is damp) and I am hoping the temperatures drop even further this week.  Yes - we're going skiing this weekend and yes, there is no snow to speak of right now.  So let it rain, let the temperatures plummet and can I ask for 3 m of snow between now and Saturday?

The weekend was incredible - but I feel positively exhausted.  Hahahah.  But in a good way.  Friday night Alex stayed for a sleepover at short notice.  Mike repaired the headlights on the Corolla like a pro!  What an amazing man.  He went to Toyota, bought the $200 part and fitted it there and then.

Saturday I got up early (ish) and went out to get stuff for dinner while Mike started with the kanga hammer on the new ensuite floor.  Well, it will be an ensuite one day.  I got back from shopping and starting cooking the dinner (slow cooker beef stew) and because Mike was being so noisy with the kanga hammer below my feet, I turned up the music quite loud. 

Toby came up to inform me that Dad said I shouldn't do anymore washing (I was getting through the laundry) so I thought that was fine.  I won't do anymore - this is the last one anyway.  Hmmm.  Next thing I know, Mike is thumping the ceiling (which is my floor) and I look down to see crumbs that are usually embedded between the floor boards jumping up and down like excited molecules.  Oops.  What is going on?  Turn off the radio and hear muffled angry shouts.  Run down and Mike yells "Turn off the washing machine!".  He's put the kanga hammer through the waste pipe from the washing machine (and the shower we later discover).  I race up and turn it off.  The damage is minimal.

Anyhow, we get ready for a daywalk to Butterfly Creek.  Mike pulls off his overalls and has tramping gear on.  It's like a super hero transformation.  We get to Kowhai St in Eastbourne a little late (10 mins - Mike needed food from the supermarket for lunch) and walk in.  There are almost thirty of us!  Wow.  Chat to Aidan and Josh a bit.  And when we get there (and I eat half of Aidan's sandwich) Aidan and I leave.  We meet the rest of the punters on the return journey.

Back to the car and a quick detour to Sally and Andrew's place to get changed into something more respectable for the movies.  Aidan got a quick tour of 40WLW and then we drove into town for the movie.  We saw Snow White and the Huntsman (thanks to Karen for the freebie tickets) and it was a little ho hum for me.  Highlight may have been the sushi before the movie (I was still hungry - the half sandwich not quite doing the trick).

Back home for dinner.  That went well.  Andrew arrived towards the end and the craft beer drinking really kicked in.  Duncan and Emerson stayed over and Josh and Aidan left to save Lulu from eating her way through the cupboards.

Sunday morning the boys were up early.  Groan.  Got them pancakes and cereal and then I was away to do some bedding shopping (covers and new pillows to try and stop Mike's allergies) while Will also came over to play.  After buying the pillows and covers I went to Sally and Andrew's house for lunch.  Everyone turned up and it was a great time - as always.  I did fall asleep briefly on the bench in the lounge listening to everyone's conversation.  Heheheh.

Then off to Waikanae to drop the boys off.  We got a scrumptious lasagna courtesy of Josh.  Good chat.  And oddly (for me) I got my toenails polished.  Aidan decided my blackened toenails would benefit from some nail polish to hide the gangrenous (Mike's word) look fo them.  Hahahah.

Back home and I seriously collapsed into bed.

Have a great week!  Toby's first week back at school.  He's not a happy bunny.
Love.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment