Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Monday with nothing

Hi,

I rode home (in the relative dryness - only the occasional big splodge of rain) and found out that Toby had wangled a sleepover on the school night with Alex!  How weird was that?  Barry had dropped off the bathroom stuff and Toby complained he couldn't sleep in his room because there was a bath in it!  Hahahah.

Had a nice evening with Mike watching TV.  And I didn't even fall asleep!

Shona and Sharon had their birthday at the weekend.  Yay! Apparently I have very out-of-date cellphone numbers for them.  Perhaps someone got a happy birthday text from me and are very perplexed now.  I hear they had a good day.

And tomorrow is Karen's birthday!  I hope she has a great day too!

Love you all.

I did neglect to mention a driver almost killing me (well, certainly running me off the road at 100 km/hr - might have resulted in death or maiming I guess!) on Friday night as I drove up to Ruapehu.  I was driving behind a very good driver for a while when we got to a passing lane.  He moved into the right hand lane without any traffic to overtake.  I assumed he must be wanting to turn right shortly.  So I stayed where I was and sure enough I slowly started to gain on him as he slowed down. 

Out of my rear vision mirror I see an approaching car hurtling up behind me.  They see me in the "slow" lane doing 100 km/hr and decide to overtake quickly before the end of the passing lane.  They hurtle into the fast lane right behind the quickly decelerating driver.  The decelerating driver indicates and brakes to turn right as I undertake him and the driver behind has nowhere to go when the driver in front of them slows and he hurtles into my lane.  But I knew it would happen and I swerve onto the shoulder and instantly his car is right in my lane.  If I hadn't swerved, we'd have been hit for sure.  Dodgy driver.  And guess what?  At the end of the passing lane he turned left into a road.  Fool!

Made my heart pound - a lot!

Cubs tonight.  We're off to the botanic gardens for a glowworm walk.  Hope the rain stays away for the evening.

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment