Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Monday almost best left unremembered

Hi,

Yes - a bad day at work.  But a good day in other respects.  I did see Aidan for the quickest lunch ever.  Soup across from her work.  It was a soup day - the weather was freezing.  Given I was already having a bad day, I got the great hug from her after lunch.  See?  That's the part of the day best remembered.

And the other part best remembered?  It was my first day as our nanny and I got away at 4.15pm (so only 15 mins behind schedule).  Toby only beat me home by 2 minutes.  We had an after school snack and he did his homework and I cooked tea.  Then we ate and would have been able to relax.

So, the plan seems good.

Last night though we had a school function so we jumped in the car and collected Mike and headed to the school to meet Toby's House.  He is in Fergusson House and its symbol is the Scottish thistle.  Lovely.  We met his house dean and his house teachers.  I dredged out missed notices from his locker.  His locker isn't too messy though.

We went home and had a great sleep.  Well, actually, perhaps I can only say I had a great sleep.  Given I was asleep, I have no idea how good anyone else's sleep actually was.

Home tonight after work for a normal routine.  Woot!

And here's hoping for a far better day.  My bike ride in was good fun.  The roads were dry, unlike yesterday.  I wasn't wringing out clothes when I got changed.  It is supposed to rain again this evening.

Have a marvellous day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment