Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Wednesday with Mike's keynote speech

Hi,

What a lovely day yesterday was.  I rode home in glorious sunshine and found no Toby when I got home.  I had to open all the doors because the place was like a furnace.  Eventually I went to the library and found Toby there.  Got home and fed him.

Mike was the keynote speaker at the tramping club New Members Night.  It went really well.  I knew he would be fine!  Toby and I went to play in the park.  We lay down on the newly mown grass and watched the clouds.  Except.  There were no clouds.  No clouds, and no wind.  An amazing evening.  Toby pushed me on the swinging basket until I giggled my surrender (although he makes me suffer quite a while, giggling and pleading for him to stop).

Back home and Toby had a bath and went to bed.  I read Lord of the Rings to him (we've been reading it for months - he prefers Mike reading to him and Mike reads other books.  Toby and I have been on the Council of Elrond chapter for an eon) and then I hopped in the bath.  Mike came home surprisingly early and we had a bath together.

Today is so hot!  25C forecast.  Wow!  But Wellington is mired in fog.  Thick, wet fog.  Nice ride in though.  My glasses were so foggy I could barely see.  Turns out it was my glasses and not the fog.  I took them off and was amazed to see the road.

Have a fantastic day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment