Friday, February 28, 2014

The Thursday with a pub dinner

Hi,

Thursday was a lovely day here - although the wind was getting up.  After a manic day at work involving copious amounts of tissues for me (yes, that cold is progressing along nicely) we had a last minute decision to go to the Green Man pub and use our bar tab winnings from Monday night.

It was lovely - their food really is rather good.  I had the seafood chowder and it was really yummy.  Mike had the pasta special (avocado and bacon - yum!) and Tom and Christine shared pizza and chicken nibbles. It was all yummy.  Dessert was good too (I tried some of Mike's and kept eating it!).

Back home and I went straight to bed and fell asleep!  This morning the weather has changed to a typical windy cloudy Wellington day.  But with a warm northerly.  We've decided to leave super early tomorrow morning instead of leaving Wellington at 8pm tonight.  Probably sensible.  We have leaving drinks for a colleague after work.  That'll be sad as I like working with her.

Up to see Bruce Springsteen in Auckland Saturday and Sunday.  Mike is working in Auckland on Monday so I am driving back by myself early Monday morning.  I am hoping for good weather, loud music and lots of singing!  And some yummy snacks to munch along the way!

Have a lovely weekend!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment