Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Monday with Toby missing the bus

Hi,

Yesterday might have been the best day of the summer.  We shall see.  February is the best month after all, and we've only just started it.

I rode home and had a great time.  Our new nanny was due to be at our house, looking after Toby for the first time.  Aidan had actually texted me earlier to ask if it had all gone well.  I was astonished at how late it was already and that the nanny operation had started almost an hour before.  Given I had no texts or phone calls, I was under the assumption it was all good.

So, I rode home and got there, expecting to see Toby doing homework and the nanny doing whatever nannies do.  There was no one home.  No one.  Wandered around.  Started to think that maybe things hadn't quite gone to plan and maybe I should consider a slight panic.  Mike rang and said that Toby had missed the bus at the school end and Isaac took him home.  Isaac's mother was going to feed him and I could collect him later.

Okay.  Mike had sent Polly home.  Hence no one home when I got there.  So I hung out Mike's tramping washing and went to get groceries.  Mike was off at the Green Man pub quiz night with some strangers.  He was sacrificing his evening to further my knowledge and check out the pub quiz there.  Just in case it was a great venue.  Right.

Then I went to collect Toby and had a good chat with Sally (Isaac's mother).  Mike was texting me saying Margaret was at the pub and wanted to see me.  The only Margaret I know lives in Sydney.  So I was sure Mike was blethering.  Anyhow, I eventually get to the pub and go in with Toby and here is Margaret with Mike.  And they had won the quiz.  $75 bar tab.  So Toby and I had a drink and then we took Mike home.  It was great to see Margaret (she's over for a wedding).

Home and to bed.

Mike ran his first session this morning.  Apparently his first day on the Couch to 5k programme he just ran 5 km.  Straight out.  So he said he's going back to the couch.  Hahahah.

Have a fantastic day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment