Monday, September 24, 2018

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

I got to catch up with Philippa on Friday morning at Machete.  We went to Nepal with her and we hadn't caught up for ages.  It was so good to see her.

We had a school appointment at 3:30pm on Friday, so Mike and I took off from work a bit earlier than usual to meet Toby and head to the appointment.  Only... Toby got the time wrong and thought it was at 4:30.  Mike and I went to visit the teacher without Toby.

We got a sneak peek at Toby's report - it was ok.  The teacher seemed to think it was better than what Mike and I thought it was.  Toby did get some good marks - but also missed some by a few marks too.  At least now he has a plan for his study for the final exams.

Friday iced latte goodness with Philippa 

We met Toby in town afterwards and discussed the teacher meeting - and fed Toby.  I had just been to watch Jo get her third tattoo, and Mike had said to Toby it was me getting it.  Toby was out of sorts at dinner and I asked why.  And he said all his life's values were thrown upside down because I got a tattoo. 

Huh?

Snort!  Funniest thing ever!  As if I'd get one.

Anyway, we dropped Toby home, got some warmer clothes for Mike, and headed back to Princess Bay for fish n chips and a fire night.  Jo, Momo, Elly and Bri.

Princess Bay

Fish n cips

Fire!

It was such a lovely evening


Back to Jo's for a warm cup of tea afterwards and then home.  Up Saturday early - but I had a headache.  So Mike took Toby into his appointment. 

Then it was off to brunch at Prefab.  This might be one of my faves now.  Their iced coffee was good (except they need sugar syrup).  My food was good.  The place was buzzing and I enjoyed it.

Ok - Prefab might be a frontrunner in the brunch stakes

Back to chill on the deck in the sun at Jo's house before heading home.  Mike and Toby went to Momo's house to pick up the washing machine we bought off him.  They had a bit of an epic battle but got it home ok.  Then we all jumped in the car and took Toby to Tessa's house for movie night and us to Jo's house (via a supermarket hunt for various things for making tiramisu) for roast dinner.

The roast was spectacular.  And Elly made vege quiche which was scrumptious too.  Yay.

Sunday was declutter day.  Mike made our bedroom an amazing place again.  I helped Toby a bit with his room - at least you can cross it without having to jump things now.  And we put up the whiteboard to help him organise his last few weeks in Year 11.

Jase had a lazy Sunday watching TV and playing games - he'd missed his train on Saturday night by 5 mins when the chef didn't let him leave on time.  :-(  So we collected him on our way home from Jo's - but I think he enjoys his job apart from that one chef that is a bit more grumpy than he needs to be.

Right.  Time for the week to gather pace.  Hope yours is a good one.

Love,
Angela






No comments:

Post a Comment