Friday, June 14, 2019

The Thursday that I met Madeleine

Hi,

Well, my day at work was pants.  Pants!  But - when Andrew texted to see if I was free for lunch, I had no idea how brilliant my day was going to get.

Yes, I did enjoy lunch with Andrew.  We met on the corner of Manners and Willis after I confused Mike by texting him that I could see him (when it was meant for Andrew - because I spotted him from halfway up Boulcott St).  Mike was texting back:  How can you see me?  That made me confused because I had no idea I had texted him.

Anyway...

We decided to walk towards Victoria St - and go to the wee curry place opposite Maccas.  Had dhal and roti.  Andrew had a little bit of everything.  Then I got some water for us and eventually Andrew got a word in (I had been talking about my pants day) about the sad news of the tramper that recently went missing in the Tararuas.  We were engaged in deep conversation about that.

Someone walked in.

I looked up.  And... recognised the person.

It was Madeleine Chapman.  From The Spinoff.  A writer.  I was awfully excited.  Interrupted Andrew who was figuring out the possible final routes and decisions of the tramper, and excitedly whispered who it was.

He was just as excited as he reads The Spinoff lots.  And convinced me I should go over and say hello.

So I did.

Me:  Excuse me.  I love your writing.  Enjoy your lunch.

Her:  Thank you.  (Startled look in her eyes)

Me:  (Scuttle out of the restaurant)

Yep - I was fangirling.

UPDATE:  I just caught up with Andrew.  And he went to a book launch at Unity last night with Toby Manhire launching a new book of his.  And Madeleine was in the queue behind him.  They chatted about the book and Andrew asked if she was ok with fans interrupting here lunch.  Hahahah.

Anyway.  Afternoon was better than the morning.  And I had a physio appointment and she is pleased and says I no longer have to go.

At one point, she was massaging my tight right shoulder and used the wall behind her to climb up and wedge in to get more leverage.

She doesn't make me feel great about myself when she does things like that.  How tight is my shoulder???

Anyway, I asked if I was cured.  She wouldn't commit to even that.  Says I need to keep mobile.

Home and in bed before too long.

Awesome.  It's Friday!  Yay.  Toby has 48 hour film making.  We will have sleepovers Fri and Sat night.

Yikes.

Enjoy your weekend.

Go Matildas!  They beat Brazil in the FFWWC.  Oosshh!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment