Monday, June 24, 2019

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

 My weekend was a weird one - in Wellington, and doing stuff. Sports stuff happening around the world (Football Ferns out of the Fifa Women's World Cup, followed by the Matildas losing in R16 too, Blackcaps pulling off an awesome win on the last ball against the Windies, Ash Barty winning ahead of Wimbledon and now #1, Highlanders crash and burn, Sally F winning in Brazil in WSL) keeping me interested in a rollercoaster style.


The Lab


Taste!

Eyeing my iced latte

Landscape work by Allworks
 Got home Friday to see All works making headway with our backyard landscaping.  Final work for them.  Just need to finalise what we do in that space now.

But that was after dinner with Sally and Andrew at Aunty Menas.  Yum!  Nice to fit in dinner with them.

Saturday saw us knocking a few tasks off.  I started the day dropping an empty pint glass on Moxley when she got under my feet as I pulled a plate out of the cupboard.  Then as I did the laundry a little later, she again followed me like a shadow.  I stepped back, onto her paw.  She squealed, I stumbled into the shelving, giving myself an awesome bruise (that Mike poked lots) and shouted in surprise.  Moxley took off into the lounge where Smudge showed she really does care about her.  But tries to fake she doesn't.

Those cats!

Went to the PT group session and had such a good time.  Full body stuff.  Rope work killed me.  Steps and running - easy.  Just shows how my fitness is skewed to cardio.  Definitely getting rectified in my PT sessions though.

Picked up the mower from Sally and enjoyed a coffee with her.  Mike used the ancient mower in anger when we got back (neighbour's house).

Sunday Mike took me to Khandallah Pub for lunch.  Had a great iced coffee.  8.5 easy.  Awesome!

Posing

What are you doing, Mike?


Sip - taste test!

Back home to fiddle with stuff and grocery shop.  Cook tea.  That sort of boring stuff.  Mike had friends around (Janine and two others) and I pretty much stayed cooking tea.

Toby got another migraine and got home fairly early from his day with Tessa.  :-(

And that was our weekend.  Andrew also got into the hills for a tramp - and I think that made him happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment