Thursday, June 6, 2019

The Wednesday with stuff

Hi,

Busy day again.  I did get away to have a coffee with Justin - it was his last day.  I was happy he had made time out of his busy day to do that.  So sad to see him go.  But I hope he enjoys his new role.


Went to Machete with Justin to say goodbye


Had a late session with Quentin after work.  We worked on legs.  They felt like jelly walking down the stairs afterwards.

Mike was trying to lure me to the pub after the session but given my head hurt, I was in gym clothes and was the other end of town, I just jumped on a bus and went home.

Toby wasn't home. 

I made some tea and did some laundry and waited. 

Mike got home after missing the bus stop and ringing me as he walked back.  Scuttling across roads.  He yelped crossing one, saying something about a car coming.  But as he leapt back to the safety of the footpath, he realised it was just a street light.

And that should be a good portent to how the rest of the night went once he got home.  He was in a very vocal mood and I heard all about the woes of the world, projects and tramping club committees.  For 1.5 hours.  Non stop. 

Ok - when Toby got home at 9.15pm there was a lull in that part of the conversation as the two elephants clumped around a bit.  And listened to loud things.  And talked really loud.

If Toby ever starts drinking, I will need earmuffs.  The two of them are like two peas in a pod.

Which - actually - is a good thing.  Mike is the best man in the whole world.  My life is full of excitement.

Today is gorgeous out there.  Go figure.  The forecast was for gales to the morning. 

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment