Thursday, January 9, 2020

The Wednesday with an unexpected dinner out

Hi,

Most exciting thing all day was Toby trying to find his wallet ahead of his trip to Taupo with Tessa and her family.  He found it in the end.  He's away now for a week before coming back for another holiday to Sunshine Coast.  Woot!

Holiday captured on my wallpaper at work



A surprise was a text from Sally to say Andrew was back from his trip.  So we met up at Charley Noble for dinner and to hear about his trip.

He absolutely started out caning the times in his intentions sheet.  I was trying to keep track with the days and his route, but I was woefully behind the actuals (I know this now).  However, the weather did clag in and he actually got covered in sleety snow at one point. 

Day 3 and he was with another person heading towards Fenella Hut when he fell and wrenched his knee.  Uh oh.  Next day saw it swollen, so he chose the right option and headed out to Trilobite.  Managed to get a ride (as far as Asbestos Hut!) and then got picked up and taken all the way to Motueka by some nice person.

I think he might be quite taken with Kahurangi National Park - I see more tramps in our future there.

Dinner was good - as usual.  My risotto was ok - snowpeas and artichoke hearts.  Grilled corn was good.  The lamb and venison looked great.  :-)

Andrew dropped us home and we both collapsed into bed.  I so need to tidy the house. 

As I type, Toby is in Levin at the Adventure Park.  I hope he gets nice weather.  He bought himself shoes yesterday!

There you go.

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment