Monday, January 27, 2020

The week visiting my parents in Sunshine Coast

Hi,

What a fabulous week in Queensland.  So glad I went.  Good to see my parents and nieces and nephew too.

Toby and Tessa's flight was supposed to leave WLG at the same time as mine - 0615.  But my plane sat at the gate for 30 mins and theirs left on time.  So they were waiting outside customs when I got there.  We had brekkie there (which was so slow!) and got the little Peugeot 308 and headed out of Brisbane.  Picked up Krispie Kreme donuts at Nudgee services - as usual.

Arrived at Peregian Springs the day after Michael got there.  Tyler and Abby got in a few hours after us into Sunshine Coast airport around 1750.  Dad collected them on the way home from work.

Next day was a pool day!  So good!

Swimming with Tyler

Even the eggs sweat

Mum got us into a pantomime - Sleeping Beauty.  It was actually good fun.  The wee arts centre did so well.  Weyba Road - go there and see something if you are in Noosa.

Pantomime time!

Toby ready for inflatable world fun
Dad and I took the kids to the inflatable world place.  They all loved it.

They enter the park!

While I have a very nice iced latte

We also went to karaoke at Strike in Maroochydore.  Woot!  Such fun!  Everyone loved it.


Huge fun!
Dad cooked a lot of dinners for us all - and we all ate in the outdoor enclosed area (which was actually my bedroom).

Typical dinner

Iced latte time - Tyler has her iced Americano.  Abby - iced choccie.

Tessa and I have similar drinks

Should I get these?

Abby and I got out for a run or two.  Which was hard work.  So hot and humid.

Running with Abby was hard work in that humidity

We got to visit the beach a lot.  Peregian Beach had a lot of jellyfish that Abby did not enjoy.  She watched some kid pick one up from the sand and throw it back into the sea with his bare hands.  And that still didn't convince her to swim with them.  Tyler asked the lifeguard and he said they hardly hurt at all.

Hmmmm.

Noosa Beach had almost no jellyfish.  Sea lice though.  But I know now to keep moving spots in the water and they don't settle on you and sting you.

Lots of beach fun!

Good iced latte at Acai Bros.

Iced latte - somewhere.  :-)  I think it was our lunch place below.

Yep - iced latte at the lunch place by the marina

Acai Bros iced lattes are good!

Control yourselves.  Beach feet!
Tyler and I discovered Acai Bros at Noosa Heads - their iced latte was so so good.  The bowls were tasty - but so sweet.

Dad did an Escape Room with all the kids and by all accounts they loved it.  Certainly got them all talking.

Mum was so sore after the first few days of crazy activities.  It's a shame for her.  She needs new joints!  Hips.  Knees.  Then she'd be back chasing us easily.  I hope she recovers quickly from the onslaught.  Thinking about her lots.

So happy I went with everyone.  Tessa and Tyler got along like a house on fire.  Michael was quiet with everyone, but when it was just the cousins he sparked up.  Shona said he rated the holiday 11/10.  I agree with him.

Dad got a new computer (laptop) from his work for their house.  And we got them Alexa!  Mum was so pleased and now she has someone to chat to all day when Dad is at work.  :-p

Saturday morning saw me driving Toby and Tessa to Brisbane for their 8.45am flight (had to be there by 6.45am).  I was back home by 7.15am.  Went with Dad to see Michael onto his 10am flight from Sunshine Coast.

Sunday saw Tyler and Abby to Sunshine Coast for their 1345 flight home.  And me driving back to Brisbane for my 1715 flight.

Tired today at work after getting in after midnight with 2 other full plane loads from Aus.  Mike picked me up and I went straight to bed.  Up at 6.30 and into work to find I left my PC at home.

Oh dear.

Hahah.

Thank you to everyone for such a lovely holiday.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment