Tuesday, August 24, 2021

The Monday back at work at home in lockdown level 4

 Hi,

Well, Monday saw the Prime Minister, working with the MoH, extend the lockdown for the entire country until Friday.  Auckland longer - next Tuesday.

I think this is probably very wise and I have suspicions there are cases lurking that have not been uncovered yet.  But if we are all locked down - hopefully no one is spreading it.  Sneaky virus that it is.

My next jab is Sept 14 - so I have a wee way to wait yet to get my full vaccination.

PM held up a paper map in the presser yesterday

I cooked tea while Mike worked late.  I made a smoothie for him using frozen berries and lots of kale from the garden.

It was ...  wholesome.

Anyway - his late work meeting turned into a drinks session.  His colleagues were sipping on gin while he knocked back his kale smoothie.

I suspect they are all glad they do not live with me.

I made tea with frozen veggies.  Stir fry.  Tofu.  It was delicious.  Mike loved it.  #winning

After tea, Mike did a shopping list and went into New World Thorndon at 7pm to buy our much-needed groceries.  He did very well.  Reported a run on spinach (he had to buy rocket and scratchy mescalun) and coriander (huh?) but got other things like toilet paper without any hassles.

Socially distanced cars
Not as much food in the trolley without Toby

We unpacked.  Nothing from the health authorities on washing the goods this lockdown so we pretty much just shoved things away in the fridge or pantry.

Guess not a lot of surface transmission now.  

Off to bed and a good sleep although I have got a wee headache this morning.  Did an online PT session with Quentin at 7.30am.  Good way to start my day.

Have a marvellous day wherever you are.

Love,

Angela




Covid diary:

Mike to Thorndon New World 1900 - 2000 Mon Aug 23rd

No comments:

Post a Comment