Wednesday, August 4, 2021

The Tuesday with quiz night

 Hi,

Despite the freezing southerly that kicked in yesterday (yay for snow down south!) Preeti and I braved the conditions and met up for a scone and a hot chocolate.  It has been ages since I saw her.  She has a 6 month old wee boy now.  That is how long it has been.

And apart from missing her family like mad, I think she is winning at the parenting thing, alongside Pritesh.  Good on them.

Caught up with Preeti

After work, Ange, Mike and I Ubered home together.  Mike and I ate some tea and then I got ready to go out for quiz night with Celia and her friends.  Picked up Ange and a woman called Kate from not too far away and we drove out to Lower Hutt and went to The Crooked Elm pub.  

This woman (Toni someone - maybe Kane??) ran the quiz for the Community garden charity event.  They raised enough to buy glasshouses to raise seedlings all year around.  They are doing such a great job in the community.  Awesome.

We had a great time.  Celia's friends have a great deal of general knowledge.  We were neck and neck with another team all the way through.  The final round was a music round.  Name the artist and song.  And the intro to The Mockers song Forever Tuesday Morning meant we missed that point.  And lost by one.  Gah!

However, the prizes were great. Second place was not too shabby an effort.  And I brought home a bottle of wine for Mike as well as a deerstalker style hat made out of the old woollen blankets we all used in NZ as children.

Yes.  I will give the hat to Toby.

I was buzzing when I got home at 2230 (waaaaaaaay past my bedtime) and read until midnight before falling asleep.

Up for shower and a bus ride with Mike to enjoy brekkie at The Lab with him.



Iced latte with brekkie this morning

Off to work.  Still a freezing southerly.  Brrr.

Have a fantastic day.  

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment