Monday, August 23, 2021

The weekend in lockdown level 4

 Hi,

We had our first level 4 lockdown weekend.  It went quite well.  Mike and I were in project mode.  He was working in the basement and covering all the clay with black plastic to seal it from cold, damp clay.  He has now run out of No More Nails.  

I decided the garage needed shelves.  Basically so we can one day soon fit the car back in the garage.  I used power tools and everything.  Made 2 shelves.  Restacked.  Happy.

Making shelves

Tool belt and everything

Built and stacked

I have run out of ply for the actual shelving now - waiting on moving down a level or 2 so I can buy the rest.  

Under the duvet

Home made iced latte delivered to bed

Plastic bread tags are now cardboard

Pinned

Ripening

Sunday saw me look at the garage again.  But this time I decided to hang the Thule rooftop box to gain more floor space.  We're using bungee cords.  But it is cumbersome.  However, the concept is sound.  When the shops reopen - we will buy webbing and have a hook and eye system.  

Thule rooftop box is out of the way - but only a PoC at this stage.  Could be better.

Mike collected potatoes from the garden so we had something fresh to eat.  And I harvested our kale.  I see smoothies in my Monday food choices.

Kale chips from the garden

Potato bake - from the garden

Our potatoes from the garden

We did a PT session with Quentin so we are back on track there (Mike was owed a session).  I had mine this morning (Monday) online.  And then Mike and I went for a run after it - before work.

Mike's run at bottom.  Tight.  Mine at top.  Loose.

Theresa laughed at how my Strava shows a loose interpretation of the run.  And Mike's is tight.  She thinks I get distracted on my run and chase shiny things.  I say it is Mike's slightly larger watch.  Hahahah.  Too funny.

Mike did 5 km under 30 mins.  Oosshh.

Right.  The week has kicked off.  Busy.

Take care.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment