Friday, September 24, 2021

The Thursday with a busy day

 Hi,

Thursday was so busy.  Hahah.  I had meetings from 11.30 to 3.45pm and decided the cafe at work would tide me over if I went at 11.20.  They had hardly anything for my vegetarian diet.  I found the vegan sausage rolls - two of them in the warmer.  They are pretty good.  So I bought one of them.  Went back to my desk.  About to get stuck into my work again and took a bite.

What the...?  It was a meat sausage roll.  And how yucky was it?  So, so bad.  Made me super glad I make vegetarian choices. It was unbelievably salty.  I popped the sausage roll back into the paper bag with my bite taken out of it.  I had run out of time to get anything to eat and was looking at quite a few hours before my next break.

But Ange jumped to my rescue.  Ate the meaty sausage roll.  Found Dave's leaving snacks and got me a ham and cheese croissant that I could easily pull out the ham from.  So I ate that in my meetings.  And then Ange gave me half of her delicious home-made salad.  Tricolore.  Mmmmm.  Thank you Ange.


Work iced latte

At the other end of my day, Ange drove me home.  I feel like Thursday was just an entire day of Ange rescuing me, really.

Hahah.

Cooked tea when I got home.  

Omelette dinner

As we finished, we heard some weird noises in our wall.  Sure enough, sounded like a bird was stuck somewhere.

Moxley hears the bird in the wall

Mike got out the ladder and went into the attic space to see if he could help the situation.  But we think the bird sensed the approach of a massive predator (Mike - not Moxley - she stayed with me) and went silent.

Climbs the ladder looking for Mike and the bird

What does she hear?

We went to bed after that and slept the sleep of the dead.  Up leisurely this morning as I am working from home today.  Short commute means a little sleep in.

The weekend is fast approaching.  Boot camp tomorrow.  Then more work at Epuni to get the plastic taped down and stuck in place.  And maybe some Xpol under the floor between the joists.  Should make a huge difference to the unit for warmth.

Mike and Janine intend to do a run somewhere.  I might do a shorter one or ride my bike.  :-)

Have a lovely weekend.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment