Monday, September 20, 2021

The weekend in level 2 with dirt duathlon race 3

 Hi,

What a busy weekend - level 2 allows a few things to happen.  We got up early for our first boot camp outside for a long time.  Great fun.  

Then Mike got his second covid jab straight after it.  18 Sept.  He went in early and there was no queue so he got it straight away.

Off to Sally and Andrew's after that for a quick pastry and coffee catch up.  

Lunch at Arabica with Celia on Friday

Curled up cat

Two cats sleeping on our bed

Back home to get ready for the third Dirt Duathlon race.  Mike helped me lots.  He even ran out to get new taillights for me.

Left home to collect Callan at 4.45pm and was at his house by 5.15pm.  Strapped his bike to the rack and we were off.  As we passed the Z and Maccas, Callan wondered where Chris was as he was saying he would pre load at the Maccas.  But as we stopped at the traffic lights just beyond there, he pulled up next to us.  Hahah

Venue for race 3 was QE2 park at Paekakariki.  The weather was superb.  Only 100 competitors were allowed and no support crew at all.

Race 3

Moonrise

We started at 7pm.  Did the first loop - around 5km on nice paths.  Not a lot of up and down.  Calm and crisp conditions.

No issues with navigation.  Back to the hub where we switched to bikes.  I realised my laces were unthreaded so I had to thread them.  Gah!  Wish I'd noticed that earlier in the day.

The race is on!

Took off at just after 8pm - probably 8.15pm by the time I sorted out my gear.  This loop was about 8km.  And I had to push the bike a few times - but it was waaaaaay better than getting up to Belmont trig.  

By close to the end, I was smashed.  I ate a Fruit Burst at the Detour game and it sat in my mouth for about 15 or 20 mins.  I had to energy to chew it.

So I decided to hide in the car for loop 3 and let the others have half a chance of finishing with a decent time.  Back at the car at 9.40pm and I huddled in there until the others finished the third loop.

They got a bit lost on C1 and they got in late at 11:10pm.  Wow.  That an epic loop for them. They did a lot of bush bashing and found a stash of special plants at one point!  :-o

We threw gear in the car and left.  I dropped Callan off just before midnight.  What a great set of races.  Thank you, Theresa for getting us all involved.  I found them really challenging.

I got home at 12.10am after the race and was feeling quite tired.  I had considered a bath on my way home, and then reduced that to a hot shower.  But in the end, I just took my clothes off and hauled my pyjamas on, thinking I would cave in to the tiredness.

As I changed in the upstairs bathroom, I saw Moxley grooming like mad.  A closer inspection made me realise she was completely wet.  Like - soaking paws and her fur was all wet.  She was licking herself dry.

Looking around, I noticed the toilet lid was up.  Maybe she had fallen in?  She did that as a wee kitten.  It seemed weird she got that wet from that, though.  She is after all a lot bigger now.


Moxley drying herself

Anyway, I wandered down to the bed, ready to crawl in beside sleeping Mike.  I noticed the downstairs bathroom light on.  So I walked in there, and looked around.  The bathroom floor was sopping wet.  That's weird, I thought.  How did that happen?  A flood?

Then I noticed that Mike had drawn a nice bath for me.  Ohhh - how lovely.  

Slowly, my sleepy brain caught up.  Moxley has always been fascinated by the bath water.  So obviously she had fallen in while checking it out.  Thrashed around in the bath.  Leapt out and shook herself over the bathroom floor.  Looking into the office, I saw soggy cat pawprints on the single bed as a frantic cat jumped over it.

I woke Mike and we both had a good chuckle at our funny cat.  Poor wee Moxley.

I had a lovely soak in the bath - with some added cat hairs.  Hahahah

Two cats sleeping

Home made

Home made iced latte for Sunday morning.  We went to Epuni to start the black plastic work under the wee unit there.

Spotlight on Toby and Tessa

Home made

New roof

Under the wee unit

Laying out the plastic

Tight squeeze

Pic from Nana's unit

I have a new lock screen

Mike got 3/4 of the clay under the unit covered in back plastic.  Sally and Andrew have a bit more for us to finish it off.  Then tape it up and Xpol in the joists and we're done.  Maybe 1 - 2 more days.

Sally and Andrew popped by with home made scones and coffees.  Mmmm.  Then we went to visit Janine's new house in Trentham.

Her house is really nice.  It has a lovely feel to it.  2 bedrooms.  She gets a flatmate in a month.  Nice wee section.  Good on her.

Back home to have some food and off to bed.  Up for gym PT session with Quentin.  50kg deadlifts for my first time back with those.  Not too shabby - they felt quite good.

Working from home today.  News about changing levels in AKL today.  Bit of community spread in the last day or so into Waikato.  Fingers crossed Level 3 is a goer for them.  

Have a good day.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment