Friday, December 24, 2021

The Thursday (and Wednesday) of Christmas week

 Hi,

How did work get this busy in Christmas week?  So busy I forgot to blog!  Hahah.  Thursday morning saw me catch up with Maureen for a brekkie at The Lab.  But I didn't review her pic of me, so I now have a less-than-perfect capture of me, mid sentence.  We had a great brekkie - and I heard about her adventures in the 80s in a campervan around Europe.  Sounded like a lot of ours.


This is why I should review the iced latte pics.  

Also caught up for an iced latte a bit later with Barb.  And Ange.  Second iced latte for the day.  Enough for now.  But we did have a great scenic backdrop for the second one.

Barb took a good one with kina in the background

Close up

Sally had to cancel our lunch date.  We'll catch up post Christmas for brunch.  And save Higher Taste for the New Year.

It meant I could drive the car with Mike to the Bluebridge ferry terminal (and fill it with fuel before) to meet Iona and Col.  Their ferry was delayed so I missed them by 5 mins.  Mike stayed and handed the car over - they are on their way up north for a bit.

Iona and Col arrive - but I missed them by 5 mins

Back at work for a busy set of meetings.  But I also caught up with William as we were twinning the clothes - needed a pic of that.

William and me - twins!

And to catch up with Wednesday news.  Well, I can't recall back that far.  But looking at pics, I had an iced latte with Barb and Juliet - with a Pravda scone. They are really good on our scone taste tests.  Always consistent and excellent.

Iced latte with Barb the day before!  Honest!  I didn't have 3 yesterday!

This is my Christmas lunch.  Where's yours?

Wednesday Toby and I headed out after work to collect our My Food Bag box for Christmas lunch from Sally and Andrew.  And I have outsourced the cheesecake to Ange.

As we were driving back to town, Toby saw a Grand Via van and said:  Nice van.

I dissolved into giggles.  If you know us, you know.

We also jumped into New World to stock up.  It was busy and Toby decided we'd double bluffed ourselves and late on a Wednesday everyone was at New World to beat the Christmas rush.  But looking at social media it was worse on Thursday night.  Toby - I think we nailed it!

So now it is Christmas Eve.  I have a half day at work.  With... wait for it... no meetings at all.  I think Mike's day off in my work calendar means it looks like I am not here.  So no one has booked anything.  There is no one here, tbh.

So, last blog entry for 2021.  Off until Jan 10.  Plans include Christmas lunch with the whanau.  Off to Blenheim on the 29th for NYs.  I'd like to make a butt for archery at home.  I need to water blast the garage.  Might do some decluttering.  Want to make sure I still go to the gym despite no PT sessions.  

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years.  2021 was... a year to remember.  Like 2020, really.  Let's see what 2022 has for us.  Besides a 20 year old son.  :-o  A lot has changed in those 20 years - that is for sure.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment