Friday, December 17, 2021

The Thursday with cancellations in my life

 Hi,

My Thursday was typified by cancellations.  Hahah.  And humid weather.  More humidity today (Friday) and hopefully no cancellations.

Dinner

Thursday saw some stupid free people mass together to protest their lack of freedom.  I have decided that I might have sympathy for people actually incarcerated doing some sort of protest against treatment or conditions or something to get recognition for some plight.  But if you are in one of the most freest of countries in the world that has escaped a lot of the ravages of covid, and you are putting others at risk with stupid decision-making, I just see that as stupidity.  And maybe actually negligent.  Malicious.  Well, a lot of ill-feeling in general flowing from me to them.

Anyway.  This blog is generally about what I have for lunch.  Which brings me to my first cancellation.  :-)  Sally was due to meet me for lunch.  But she was on one side of the covid protest march and I was on the other side of the tide of stupidity.  Sally oozes common sense and knew she should not brave the covidiots.  So she stayed safe at work as did I.

I went to grab lunch with Mike and Barb at Mojo next to work.  Mike grabbed a Mevo car and drove out to Lower Hutt to help his mum with her next project - replacing her windows with double glazing. 

Then as the afternoon wore on, we had some colleagues in our team pull out of the intended dinner after work.  So that was cancelled in favour of something in the New Year.  Good decision there.

It coincided with chaos on the home front when Toby realised Thursday was the deadline for some student loan admin for next year.  Our chat exploded with talk of how to resolve this unexpected issue at 4pm on a Thursday.

So I left on a bus after my last meeting.  Had to run for it.  Lost my water bottle as I lurched down the street.  Stopped to retrieve it.  Ran some more and jumped on.  As I situated myself in my seat and scanned in, I read the chat.  Confusion reigned.  Mike was asking if I could drive the Focus home from near the GPs instead of taking the bus.  Ummm.  No.  I had no key.  He said he had the key in his pocket.

Well, to me that was very odd.  Wasn't he home or heading there after being in Lower Hutt as per the last info in the chat?  So I stayed on the bus as I could do nothing.  And I had earned that bus with my running efforts.

Got home just as Toby and Mike pulled up in the Focus.  Huh?

Turns out that Toby's Student Loan admin had necessitated a run to the WINZ office to manually sight documentation. Mike had headed home and taken Toby into town to do all the admin.  And he had a session with mates so wanted me to come and drive the car and Toby home.  And he would have given me the key.

I had no clue.  They had failed to tell me that part.  I just thought there was some random reason why there was a car in town.  Because, I dunno... Gilbert plans!

Anyway.  Mike caught the bus back into town.  And I cooked tea for me and Toby.  And then relaxed for the evening.

Mike got home by Uber with 6% battery left.  He was expounding the various scanning techniques and processes at a few of the pubs he visited.  I think he now has a ranking system.  Hey day was the best by far - an efficient process at the door to check scan-ins, check vax passes, spot checking ID against the vax pass. Mike showed me the stamp he was issued on his wrist from that establishment.

Sleep.  Then up for early bus with Mike.  He's off to his Friday brekkie.  I am at work.

The weekend is coming.  We have dinner tonight at Wolf.  I am assured they have a vegetarian option.  Then Christmas shopping over the weekend.  Not a lot else on.

Yay.

I hope you have a lovely Friday and an even better weekend.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment