Wednesday, September 7, 2022

The Tuesday with meet the candidates in local body elections

 Hi,

After a day at work (like, in the actual office) Mike and I headed away on time and got home on the #13 bus easily.  Had some tea and then headed to the local hall at St Luke's church for the 7pm Meet the Candidates in the local Wellington elections coming up soon.

Not quite full yet

They got a full crowd by the time it kicked off. Plenty of candidates, although the incumbent mayor (Andy) was late as he had a mayoral meeting. But they gave him his 2 mins when he got in, about halfway through the session.

Listened to very passionate people - most of them well aware of the issues facing this wee city. Some people lent themselves nicely to being discounted as options. And the main runners (for me) left me with a bit to consider before I cast my STV vote.

Walked back home and was in bed by 9.30pm. Slept well.  Up for early gym. Leg day. Never miss leg day.

Iona's walk to work this morning - spring blossoms

Working at my actual workplace again today. Iona sent me a pic from her commute this morning. I need to visit her in early Sept next year so I can enjoy a beautiful blossom walk like that one. Stunning.

Have a great day. Mike has 5km and a pint after work today. Woot!

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment